USING TICKET COMPONENT LOOKUP WINDOWS
When creating a ticket in SMSturbo certain fields must be entered onto the ticket in order for it to allow you to continue.
These are the essential components of the ticket which constitute a transaction. To do this you must either
1. Create the name of the item on the spot (where allowed) or you must 2. pull up a pre-defined item such
as a previously created customer or order. To find them you select the lookup button next to the field.
The rules for how this Lookup is performed are the same for all the items looked up on a ticket.
Read here on how this is done.
We will use the Truck Lookup window as an example.
How to use Lookup
Click into ANY of the Column Header fields in the Look Up window to start searching for that field. If you click the Description column, notice the text above changes to "Lookup Truck by Description".
1. Place cursor into the " <Type to Locate>" Text box.
2. Type the registration number or associated text of the truck you wish to locate. You need to enter at least the first 3 characters of the registration field / value.
3. The associated trucks that match search criteria will appear in lookup results window.
4. Load the selected truck to the SMSTurbo Ticket Entry screen by double clicking the highlighted row or Clicking the Save Button.
NOTE: Click the Filter tab for additional sorting features based on specialized rules. See Ticket Filter for more details on
Ticket Lookups and click here for more information on Other Lookup Filters
Additional search viewing
At the bottom of each lookup window an additional sorting window may appear depending on the lookup window you are searching in.
A drop down arrow will present the available choices. Additionally the "Filter" tab at the top of the window allows lookups by comparing certain attributes
of each lookup component.
The Truck lookup shows these options defining "All" trucks with the parameters versus trucks that still have a transaction or tickets "InProcess".
Truck lookup window differences
Truck filter description.
Trailer lookup window differences
No options below are presented.
Trailer filter dsescription
Customer lookup window differences
The search may include All or just Vendors or just Customers.
Customer filter description
A date range may be presented for the user to enter a specific date range to pull information under, as in the "order" lookup window.
Order window lookup differences
This option will show all orders created from a certain date.
Order filter description
After results are obtained click on the result to pull it into the ticket.