Overview of Maintaining Containers
See steps below on how to edit and maintain the Container information in SMSTurbo.
REQUIRED VALUES: These fields are required to create a Container.
1. Enter an alpha numeric value into the Container ID field IDs can be as long as 15 characters, letters, numbers, no spaces or special characters.
2. Enter a Description of the Container. The description can be up to 30 characters.
NOTE: Existing Containers can be edited by typing in the Container ID and pressing Tab on the keyboard. Or click the search icon to select from a list of existing records.
OPTIONAL VALUES: These fields can be left blank if they are not required.
3. Enter Type of Container to further define the Description.
4. Enter an Entry Date, it's the date on which the Container's stored tare weight was last recorded in Maintain Container, defaults to current date.
5. Enter a Container Size, it defines the Container's cargo size.
6. Expire Date defines when a Container expires (ie. registration date). If a Weigh Master selects an expired Container in SMSTurbo Ticketing, a warning message is presented and prevents the User from creating a ticket with the expired Container.
7. Enter a value into the Registration field. Often times Registration is used to store a license plate number if required by your state.
8. Enter the Container's Tare weight (empty Container weight) in lbs. When the container is selected in SMSTurbo Ticketing, the defined tare weight will auto load onto the ticket screen.
9. Container1 and Container2 are user definable fields(UDF's). These fields can used for tracking any other data related to a Container at the customer's request. The labels can be renamed under Utilities - Configuration - Field Labels window.
Use the button to add this container to a particular site should you have the "Multi site" feature.
Use the button to store this Container record.
Use the button to cancel current entry and clear all data from the Container screen.
Use the button to delete this Container record from the database.