Overview of Maintaining Orders
(Applies to Customers and Vendors)
See steps below for creating new or to maintain existing Customer Orders in the SMSTurbo database.
In the Maintain Customer screen, lookup and select a Customer. In the gray area of the Order section, Right Click and select Insert New.
1. Enter a new Order Number or use the Lookup button to edit an existing Order. Order Numbers can be as long as 15 characters, alpha numeric, no spaces or special characters. The # symbol button will Auto insert an Order Number by using the next consecutive order number in the system.
2. Enter the Description of the Order or Job.
OPTIONAL VALUES: These fields can be left blank if they are not required.
3. Order Address information
Click the Address lookup button to auto fill an address from the ShipTo table. See Customer ShipTo for setting up addresses.
4. Location ID is used with the Location option for a second level of sales tax.
5. Miles is the amount of Miles the Shipping Address is located from the SMSTurbo site.
6. Tax Locale is used with the Location option for a third level of sales tax.
NOTE: If you define both a location and locale, the order could be taxed twice.
7. Tax Rate would be used if Location Option is turned off.
9. Enter the Email Address for this Customer's Order. This email address is informational only unless you check off Email tickets, Bulk ticket emailing, or Email invoices.
10. Email Tickets box, when checked will email the ticket every time one is created for this Customer's Order, when the email setting on the customer maintenance page are also filled out.
Make sure to set the number of Ticket Copies to send, and include the send to address for these emails.
****Tickets will only be emailed when the print/store button is selected the first time the ticket is printed. The green save check mark on the main ticket screen will NOT result in an email being sent.Ticket emails will also NOT be sent if the print preview button at ticket print time is enabled. The Email Tickets box needs to be checked on the Customer Maintenance screen as well for this to work. Only tickets on this order will be emailed to the customer if setup this way.******
11. Check the Tax Exempt box if the Customer is taxable but this order is exempt. If checked, no taxes will be applied to a ticket created with this Customer's Order. If the Customer is exempt, no need to check off, the Order will be exempt.
12. Select the Status Drop Box to set the order to Release (to be used in ticketing), Hold (to temporarily suspend an order), Complete (order is finished and made inactive), or Quote (quoted Customer not to be used in ticketing).
13. Check the Any Material box if there are no restrictions for materials on this order. The user will be able to choose all materials from the database at time of ticketing.
14. Entry Date, defaults to current date but can be changed by using drop box calendar.
15. Check the Print Pricing box to print prices on the printed tickets for this Customer's Order.
16. Ship Date, defaults to current date but can be changed by using drop box calendar.
18. Minimum and Warning - set a minimum and a warning amount that will display messages on the ticket screen when the Customer reaches these amounts. The warning amount should be set higher than the minimum amount.
19. Invoice Terms Drop Box - Used to select Terms on this Order. See Terms.
20. . Job Cost # In order to use this feature a 1 must be entered in this box. 1 in this field will override the "invoice by order" check box on the customer maintenance view. Only 1 invoice will be created in Quickbooks for this order, for that period, regardless of how the "invoice by order" check box is set under customer. Other orders for that customer will invoice according to how the "invoice by Order" switch is set. Used to integrate Orders to QuickBooks Jobs.
21. Remarks is a text field to record information about this Order. Any remarks data will display in the ticket remarks when the Customer's Order is selected on a ticket.
Double left click to enter the notes editor which allows a larger view of the entered text here and on the remarks field on the "Create Tickets by Order" window below.
Limits and Total Sections:
Limits may be set on this Order for either Tons or Units. Each time a ticket is saved, the tons shipped will increase and the balance between the tons and tons shipped will be shown. These limits can be set for a chosen period.
Totals can be set with the limits to define the amount allowed for the Order. The running totals update with each ticket that contains the defined Customer's Order.
It is possible to set special pricing options up on predefined orders using Price Sheets in the ZZprice option.
Use the Save button to store this Order record.
Use the Cancel button to cancel current entry and clear all data from the Order screen.
Use the Delete button to delete this Order record from the database.
NOTE: An Order can't be deleted if it has existing Tickets. The Order should be marked either on HOLD or COMPLETE in the order status.
Use the Print button to print an Order report from the Customer. The Order Report is a default report shipped with the SMSTurbo Software. See SMSTurbo Report Manager to edit the Order Report.
Use the Map button to view the Order's address in Map Quest.
Use the icon to go to the "Pay Tickets" multiple ticket payment screen.
Use the Edit Rates button to assign specific material and prices to this Order. See Edit Rates on how to update Order Rates.
Also, click on the rates tab above to see what rates are already assigned to the order if any. Once on that tab for an existing order, right click
to select "insert new" to create a new rate.