Overview of maintaining Trucks
See steps below for creating new or maintaining Trucks in the SMSTurbo database.
1. Enter an alpha numeric value into the Truck ID field. IDs can be as long as 15 characters, letters, numbers, no spaces or special characters.
2. Enter a Description of the Truck. The description can be up to 5000 characters.
NOTE: Existing Trucks can be edited by typing in theTruck ID and pressing Tab on the keyboard. Or click the search icon to select from a list of existing records.
OPTIONAL VALUES: These fields can be left blank if they are not required.
3. Enter a value into the Registration field. Often times Registration is used to store a license plate number if required by your state.
4. Enter a Comment. This comment will appear on the ticketing screen after the Description of the Truck ID.
5. Enter the vehicle's stored Tare weight (empty truck weight) in lbs. When the vehicle is selected in SMSTurbo Ticketing, the vehicle's defined tare weight will auto load onto the ticket screen. The truck tare weight can be updated "on the fly" from the SMSTurbo ticketing screen. See Update Truck Tare for more information.
6. Enter a Maximum Weight (Max Wgt) (lb) in pounds. The Weigh Master will be presented with a warning message during the ticketing process if the Truck ID being used exceeds this maximum weight.
7. Enter an Entry Date, it's the date on which the truck's stored tare weight was last recorded in Maintain Truck, either
manually entered or via the Update Truck Tare feature in the truck browse window on the new ticket screen.
8. Enter an Expire Date, it defines when a vehicle expires (ie. registration date). If a Weigh Master selects an expired truck in SMSTurbo Ticketing, a warning message is presented as long as the check box is selected. Use the Truck Warning Days value
on the general 2 tab to define how many days in advance of the Expire Date a warning message will display when this truck is selected. The Expire Date can also be changed via the Update Truck Tare feature on the truck browse window on the new ticket screen.
9. Enter a Container Size. A Container Size defines the Truck's cargo size. The container is also used for a custom Container feature of the SMSTurbo software.
10. SplitWgtCode (Split Weight Code) allows trucks with compartments carrying multiple cargo to have materials apportioned by weight. Select a number that represents the compartment or portions of the truck that needs to be weighed on a single Ticket.
11. Driver and Driver2 are user definable fields (UDF's). These fields can be used for tracking any other data related to a truck at the customer's request. The Truck UDF fields can be relabeled via the Utilities - Configuration - SMSTurbo - Field Labels window.
12. Customer ID allows the truck to be linked to a customer defined in SMSTurbo Maintenance - Customers. Click the Lookup button to select a Customer. Once a Customer is linked to the Truck, the Customer will auto populate on the SMSTurbo ticket screen when the truck is selected.
13. Customer Tab There is also a Customers tab on the Truck Maintenance screen so this truck can be linked to several Customers. This limits the list of additional customers that can be selected on a ticket when a truck is entered.
13. Hauler ID allows this truck to be assigned to a Hauler. This feature is often used with the SMSTurbo Truck Costs option to pay for deliveries.
14. Trailer Attached is used with the Trailer Option. It makes the attached truck a tractor portion of a semi. The SMSTurbo Ticket screen will expect a trailer to be selected during ticketing. This is used to store tare weights on one tractor and many trailers so that combinations can be made at time of Ticketing.
Use the button to add this truck to a particular site should you have the "Multi site" feature.
Use the button to store this Truck record.
Use the button to cancel current entry and clear all data from the Truck screen.
Use the button to delete this Truck record from the database.
Print - Press the print button to print a truck report. See SMSTurbo Report Manager for access to edit the Truck Report.