Scanner Document for the Kodak I2400
Load Kodak Drivers and Software.
a. Accept license terms
b. Say no thumb drive when asked
c. You will need to register the software – then Submit Form. If you are not prompted for registration, continue.
d. It will the load the Capture Pro software LE
You are installing and using the LE program – You do not need to update to Pro for this project
Configure Kodak Capture Pro LE Software.
1. Click on desktop icon to start Capture pro
2. After the software loads, It will ask you to try Pro for 30 days – say no, you don’t need it.
a. Your scanner needs to be detected
b. Use select button to add scanner.
4) Configure the scanner software
b. Import Job setup called JPEG Ticket supplied by CIS – (\\cisserver\Sales\Vendors\kodak\JPEG Ticket.zip) you
will need to browse to that file. You should get message that says complete. The screens below are for information.
The job should set this stuff up automatically. Please verify…..
c. Select the index tab
d. The Output Tab- identifies the file will be in JPEG format
e. The scanner resolution needs to be configured
f. click on settings
g. Need to select color 150 DPI and modify to save as 300 DPI Gray scale. JPEG will only work with a color setup and not black and white. Rename as…
h. You need to select color 150 DPI and you will modify this. Also select one side – front and the settings
i. Click the ‘Settings >’ button to modify the setting to match the following screens and then do a test preview.
j. Save (rename if you want) settings. You must save before you can preview a scan.
Note: You setup scanner for 1 side front –paper needs to be face down to scan
This job assumes the scanner is of the i2000 family – we tested on i2400.
Scan a document
1. Go to Batch on the menu and click New.
Or click on the folder with a star:
2. Setup a new batch
3. Put paper in the scanner – FACE DOWN and TOP Down – The Job is setup for face down.
a. It will start in a few seconds and will scan all the tickets and create a separate JPEG
for each ticket and the JPEG name will be the ticket number.
b. The index is hidden on the right side.
c. Click the finish flag to convert scanned documents.
Import images into SMSTurbo
1) Run the SMS Image import program to import pictures. The Icon should be on your desk top.
Create the shortcut if it is not there. The executable is in the SMSTurbo folder.
2) Find file location in c:\BatchesPro\( the batch number you did)
Now Scanned Images are in the SMSTurbo® software.
This document is designed to give an overview of the setup and the process. Not every step is explained.
Please contact CIS at 603-627-4144 and ask for Support or email us at: email@example.com
1) The location of where the scanner looks for the bar code can be adjusted:
2) The format of the barcode printed by fastreports needs this code enabled:
Private Sub Barcode2_BeforePrint(ByVal sender As object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Dim bcb as FastReport.Barcode.LinearBarcodeBase = new FastReport.Barcode.LinearBarcodeBase()
bcb.CalcCheckSum = false